Sunday 19 November 2017

In the meantime...

Other little items needed attending too! This little piggy was in dire need of some winter woollies, so after finishing the scrapbook pages and weekend with sisters and brother was over, piggy designer wear started!






Too early to decorate the mantel for Christmas so for the next 25 days, I am running out of time, I gathered doll and teddy bear knitwear items to display.

It is amazing how the needle arts are represented amongst other hobbies. Finding knitted items with the dolls, teapots, teddy bears, décor items and of course vintage clothing. It is the thread that ties my collections together!


And yet, I have seldom knit for my dolls and teddy bears. With the last edition of the piggy doll that has changed. Suddenly, this little pig needed winter wear!


The brown teddy bear and cable sweater were both  knit with 100% alpaca. I used a Debbie Bliss pattern for the bear and I designed the sweater. Stuffing is not my forte and I have not made any more....

The mohair and angora sweater set was knit to fit a baby, but really, what Mother is going but her precious in 100% british long hair mohair and 100% French bunny angora?! I was experimenting with the fuzzy yarns, love the color combination and made it anyway. Now it suits a deserving teddy bear.

The blue half doll tea cosy and the striped kewpie type doll face cosy were purchased.

One happy piggy! The pom pom wreath is new, and I would not attempt to make it!

 


Onward to the next project....knitting baby hats and mitts for charity before December 1, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment