Thursday 2 November 2017

Tis the Season for 'Startitistis' Or however you spell it!

Nothing like fresh snow on the first of November to get revved up about knitting projects. Selfishly, not for Christmas but for me!

I was keeping up to the trend [popular with knitting friends I have met on Ravelry and consequently at local knitting groups] of finishing each project before starting another one...not even knitting a new gauge swatch.

Here is the line up from oldest to newest: [I completed a white top and a light green summer top for myself previously, so I thought I was on a roll!]

Pale yellow summer top started in July 2014. It is knitted in the round and I am at that awkward just above the underarm but at the splitting to two pieces and at bust line stage.


Strange blue open top started in fall 2015...no picture.
I am sure I knitted on a few things in 2015!

Friend needed a comfort wrap in summer 2016.


Decided to knit a cotton cardigan for my Aunt first in time for Christmas 2016.

It would help if Mikey would stay out of the knitting project bags.


A request by a friend yielded this little crochet number to attend Viva Las Vegas in April 2017.


Now here I am, November 2, with 5 skeins of the most wonderful softest yarn I have felt in a long time. Hand painted Merino Cashmere Fingering - 75% Superwash Merino, 15% Cashmere, 10% Silk; Sugared Violets by Dandelion Knits. This will be used for another top for me!

Using a pattern by local designer Jessie McKitrick, 'Nor Good Red Herring' sweater.


Trying to resist, but pretty sure Sugared Violets will on the needles soon!

P.S.
These Quivik gloves just may never get finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment