Thursday 13 April 2017

One HOT Mess!


It is going faster and easier than I thought. Even though I have a large collection of vintage and older knitting and crochet magazines with patterns, I could not find one with all of this open work. So I taught myself to crochet from an American book and choose a pattern from an English pattern. This is significant because the nomenclature is different!
Chose a basic chevron pattern then a combination of chains and loops to create the trellis net look.
Design flaw...how to keep the waist open but not saggy?

Recalculating, recalculating...

Now to figure out the bodice and make another size transition. Testing stitch and edging ideas.







It all starts coming together but the worse is yet to come! I am out of time and the sleeves pose yet another design challenge.

Final pictures will be posted once the gal makes her debut at Viva Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment